It can’t get any more summer time than this! The lightest most refreshing risotto you’ve ever had complete with a cacophony of summer veg. This one had me going back in for seconds and thirds – it’s that good!
- Risotto in my experience is made a billion times easier through the use of an Instant Pot or pressure cooker. If you don’t have one, follow the instructions on how to cook risotto on the package.
- Of course you can customize this meal by adding whatever kind of veggies you want!
- I use frozen peas because they taste the same as fresh ones and are easy to just heat up.
Prep Time: 15 mintues
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup peas
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 leek
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- handful of spinach
- 4 cups of veggie broth
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 F. Cut the asparagus into pieces and arrange on a baking sheet. Add about a tsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes. Once done, set aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and use the sauté function. Add a tbsp of olive oil and let it heat up. Once hot, add the onion, diced, leeks and garlic. Cook until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the rice and stir continuously, letting it toast. After about 2 minutes, add the veggie stock, butter, and thyme.
- Turn the sauté function off and set the Instant Pot to pressure cook. Set the time for 7 minutes, put the lid on and turn the seal to closed.
- When the pressure cooker is done release the valve to vent. When all the pressure is released, take the lid off and stir (the risotto may look too runny but if you keep stirring it, it will thicken).
- Stir in the remaining ingredients into the hot risotto including the lemon zest and juice, the asparagus, the peas, chopped chives, spices, and spinach. Taste the risotto for any additional seasoning.
- Serve warm topped with chives, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and black pepper!
So simple and sooooo yummy! This is one risotto that won’t sit heavy in the belly. Hope you guys give this a try!