I had a predicament in my mind. How doth one createth a salad as creamy and luscious as an egg salad withouteth using doth eggs? Answer: avocado, yogurt, chickpeas, and a lotta flavor in the form of herbz. She’s undeniably creamy, definitely luscious, AND sustainable as all heck. Win Win Win.
- I used greek yogurt because I had it in my fridge, make this VEGAN by using a dairy free yogurt alternative or by omitting the yogurt altogether and doubling the amount of avocado. Either one is yum.
- I served mine in a whole wheat pita. Would be equally as scrumptious on any type of bread.
- If the texture of chickpeas bothers you a bit, try pre-smashing them before adding it to the rest of the avocado mix.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 large avocado
- 1 15oz can of garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 2 green onions
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- Chop up the cilantro, parsley, and scallions. Smash the avocado in a bowl with the greek yogurt and lemon juice. Then add the herbs.
- Drain the can of chickpeas and stir in with the avocado mix. Add the paprika and taste to season.
- Shove as much as you possibly can in your pita and serve cold with some greens!
So easy! So tasty! So prettyyyyyyy. I hope you guys give this one a try!