We’re going with a super yummy, super filling salad today! Regular salads don’t always fill me up like I want them to, so a good way to combat this is by adding some carbs. Excited to share…also KALE!!!!
- I used lentils because I have an obscene amount of lentils in my pantry. Any carb will do though! I think quinoa or chickpeas would work really well and add a bunch of extra plant based protein.
- This salad is made delicious by whatever dressing you choose. I went with this creamier one because I wanted to try it and it was scrumptious.
- If the hardiness of kale isn’t something you’re down with, I would recommend breaking it up with some spring mix or arugula!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 can of brown lentils
- 1 cup of celery chopped
- 1 cup of red grapes halved
- 1/2 cup of walnuts crushed
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
- salad dressing of choice
- Heat up the lentils in a pot over medium heat. Add onion powder, salt, and pepper, and any other seasonings you want. Stir and let sit until warmed through.
- Prep your kale. Cut into bite sized pieces and put in your bowl. Pour about a tablespoon of water in with the kale and MASSAGE THE HECK OUTTA THAT BOI. Break him down, soften him up, tasty tasty. Drain the water out of the bowl.
- Prep the other ingredients. (Pro-tip: prep your toppings in bulk ahead of time and keep them in the fridge so that later in the week alls you gotta do is pull them out).
- Once the lentils are warm, put about half the can in and save the other half for another salad. Add your toppings and finish it off with your dressing and maybe a squeeze of lemon juice.
There you have it, folks. Eating healthy is also eating goooood. Let me know if y’all make it too! Boop ba doo