Did you guys really think I could go another week without throwing more Asian food up? These noodles were ridiculously delicious and they’re super easy to make. The best way to make these fun is by adding your own veggie varieties!
- The quality of this recipe depends on the quality of the teriyaki sauce, so make sure you’ve got some stuff that you love!
- Also try and use Asian stir fry-able noodles as oppose to regular pasta (Lo mein, udon, etc.)
- Like I said before, switch up the veggies to add more variety. The ones I used were simply the ones I had laying around. Some suggestions I have are: cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, baby corn, zucchini, eggplant…the opportunities are literally endless.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 pack of mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion
- snow peas
- green onion
- ~ 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- Prep the veg. Slice or dice the onion (depending on how big you want the pieces) and cut the head of broccoli into florets. Wash and de-stem the mushrooms and slice.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Also heat up a medium-sized pan to medium heat. Once heated, drop the noodles in the water and put your onions in the pan first. Cook until the onions are getting translucent, then throw in the broccoli and mushrooms.
- Once the noodles are ready, drain them and set them aside. If the broccoli needs help cooking, put a splash of water in the pan and cover so it can steam. Once the veg is almost cooked where you want it, throw the noodles in the pan.
- Add the teriyaki sauce (it may seem like a lot but it will reduce down the more you cook it, if it reduces too much add more or some water). Add the snow peas to heat through.
- Slice as many green onions as you want to top. Throw the white ends in with the noodles on the heat and save the green tops for garnish.
- Once the sauce is reduced and the veg is cooked through, turn the heat off. Add the sesame oil and stir. Then add the noodles to your bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
It’s so easy to eat veggies! Especially when they taste this good. I hope you guys try this one!