What’s better to go in a homemade taco bowl than some homemade guacamole? This meal is packed full of plant-based protein in quinoa and beans! Well-rounded and tasty, its sure to keep you feeling good with familiar flavors.
- As always, add whatever veggies you have leftover! It’s really easy to make anything into a Mexican inspired meal just by adding spices.
- This meal is completely vegan heyoooo.
- Not to toot my own horn but I make so darn good guacamole, so if anything that’s a good takeaway.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: ~20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup cooked quinoa OR 1/2 cup uncooked
- 1 can black beans
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- handful of spinach
- purple cabbage, shredded
- lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Slice the onion. Heat a pan to medium with a bit of oil and throw the onions in to soften. Heat a pot to medium and empty the can of black beans.
- Into the beans, add half of your onion powder, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Cook until heated through. The other half of the spices will be added to the onions once they are cooked to your liking.
- To make the guacamole: add the avocado to a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the lime juice, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix it all up. Then chop up some cilantro and add 1/2 tsp of your favorite salsa for an extra punch.
- Add the quinoa to a bowl, along with the seasoned beans and onions. Add spinach and cabbage and tomatoes. Top it off with the homemade guacamole, more lime juice, salsa, and cilantro.
I hope you guys give this deliciousness a try!!