What’s up, long time no post. I’ve been super busy with snails lately but I thought I’d throw this up there. It’s a really great snack or meal and totally customizable.
- I personally think what makes a great toast is the bread that becometh the toast. Splurge a bit on that French loaf you’ve been eyeballing for the last week. The crunchier the toast the happier the tummy.
- Again super customizable, add whatever veg you want, I just happened to have sprouts I needed to eat.
- This is my favorite version of egg salad curtesy of the most amazing chef out there, my mama.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp curry powder
- We gotta hard boil those eggy bois. Place your eggs in a pot. Fill with water until the bois are covered. Place on the stove and bring the water to a boil. (A FULL boil, not a simmer, as I have unfortunately come to find out). Once the water is boiling turn the heat off and cover the pot with a lid. Let sit for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes remove the eggs and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Once the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel those suckers and place in a bowl. Mash em up with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, dijon, curry, and the salt&pep. Mixy mixy. Now taste da eggs. Need to add anything else? More salt perhaps? No? Moving on.
- Toast up your toast as toasty as the toast wants to toast. I like to spread a little more dijon on it before topping with a heaping scoop of the eggs. Top with sprout or whatever other greens you like.
That’s all she wrote. The curry powder takes egg salad to the next level for me I hope you guys give this one a try!